[mythtv-users] can't get nvidia to go at 50Hz

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:18:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have an Nvidia based motherboard with onboard graphics - it's a
geforce 6100 or 6150 graphics unit (the manual and the PCI ID give
differing accounts). Since I live in PAL country I want to run the
monitor at a 50Hz refresh rate, but the card won't let me do so. The
monitor is capable of it, and I can do it if I boot into windows, but
neither the nvidia-settings utility (I'm using the 100.14.19 driver),
nor the open source NV driver let me do that. Any ideas?

Cheers,

vik