[mythtv-users] MyBlaster.pl codes

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:44:05 UTC 2007

Daniel Arfsten wrote:
>I tried to use myblaster.pl with my serial IR blaster within
mythtv but it
>didn't change the channels on my sa3250hd stb. I am having a
hell of a time
>getting any form of channel changing working for this box.
Firewire channel
>changing doesn't work and now I can't get IR blasting to work.
ANy
>suggestions please.

myblaster.pl is pretty much just for controlling the myblaster
devices.
If by "serial IR blaster" you mean one of the ones driven by the
serial
port control lines, as the lirc-based ones are, then that perl
script
will not work, and you must use an lirc solution.

If, OTOH, you mean you have an actual myblaster unit then the
script
should work, once you have the correct serial port selected and
the
correct control code chosen (or have taught the myblaster the
codes via
the learn mode).

So the question is what type of IR blaster do you have?

beww

I have a generic serial IR blaster from irblaster.info, the one that has the
head that lights up red. It was $15. I have read somewhere that myblaster
can work with a serial ir blaster. you're saying that it can't? I can even
get the head to light up when using myblaster.pl as the external channel
changing command (the head lights up when I start mythtv) but it doesn't
affect the stb so I just figured it didn't have the correct code inside.