[mythtv-users] Ruby script for grabbing UK channel logos from LyngSat

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:10:56 UTC 2007

On 01/10/2007, James Le Cuirot <chewi at aura-online.co.uk> wrote:
> No one interested? Shame.
>
> Just thought I'd add that if you use tv_grab_uk_rt as I do then you'll
> have to remove the logo URLs from the channel_ids file like so.
>
> sed -i "s/http:.*$//" channel_ids

This will break grabbing channel icons for any user who also has
analogue/FreeView/cable video sources which get their listings data
from the uk_rt grabber.

> Didn't realise until I ran mythfilldatabase today. Unfortunately,
> tv_grab_uk_rt has no option to simply disable fetching the logos.

tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't fetch the logos, it simply includes an icon
element in the XML file with the location of an icon (if available)
for each channel. mythfilldatabase (MFDB) is responsible for actually
using this information to download the icons and add the information
to the database, and this is where icon handling should be and is
controlled. Using the --update option with MFDB stops both the
downloading of icons and the adding of new channels found in the XMLTV
data not present in the MythTV database.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/