[mythtv-users] Confused About HDHomeRun

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 22:35:00 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
> But what I am seeing is that in most cases, all content is attempting to
> use cardid 8.  If it is busy, then mythtv marks the show as a conflict.

So having just installed a HDHR in my setup I'll venture a guess....
So you have channel 3 (analog) and 3_1 (HD) are the callsigns the same
or do you now have something like KXXX and KXXX-DT?  If the callsigns
are not the same Myth doesn't think it is the same channel... and if
you have rules that say "record anytime on this channel" you will have
behavior like you describe.

If this is the case you can go into the channel editor and make sure
they are the same and it might solve your problem.

I guess it is possible that when you scanned for channels with the
HDHR it replaced the callsign in your existing source.