[mythtv-users] knoppmyth - waiting for /dev to be fully populated

Ryan Ollerenshaw ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:28:43 UTC 2007

> Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> > i was able to make it through the initial install of knoppmyth just
> > fine but when the system reboots for the first time it hangs on the
> > line:
> >
> > Starting the hotplug dispatcher: udevd
> > Synthesizing the initial events...done
> > Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...
>
> How long did you wait? This can take a while on a slow machine.
>
> beww

I found out that this was the point were the display switches over to
tv out.  But i have come across a new problem, when i try to start
mythtv or reenter setup  (mythtv-setup) i get the error: cannot
connect to X server.  also i cannot su to another user, whenever i try
i get the error Authentication failure.  I tried to re install twice
and i get the same problem, so i know i am typing the password
correctly during the set-up.  Could all of my problems be related?