[mythtv-users] WYCC-DT, MythTV choosing wrong audio track

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Oct 1 15:33:23 UTC 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 09:07:59 am Anthony Messina wrote:
> When using my HD-5500 to tune to channel 20-1, WYCC-DT, I get good signal
> for video and two audio tracks. For some reason, MythTV chooses the
> "second" audio track which does not tune properly and is very static-y.
> When I manually change the track to the "first" one, the audio is perfect.
>
> I'm not sure how to address this issue.  How do I get MythTV to select the
> right audio track at the start of the tuning process so I don't get static
> for audio when I record something in the middle of the night?

Further investigation reveals that the audio track that MythTV chooses is AC3
5.1, which is probably correct (for MythTV).  That is the audio that is
scratchy.  The AC3 2 channel audio is perfectly clear--the one I have to
switch to manually.

Strange thing is, I get perfect AC3 5.1 on all the other OTA digital channels
except this one (WYCC-DT Chicago).  Is there a place to adjust the audio
frequency "tuning" parameters for a specific channel?

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E