[mythtv-users] Coax splitters - how painful are they?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Oct 1 14:26:01 UTC 2007

>>  	What exactly do you mean by that?... curious as an EE and a pilot.
>> An "aborted straight-out" sounds like a crash (or possibly an "aborted
>> straight-in, which could be a missed approach), and a crosswind departure
>> is nothing unusual.
>
> I was referring to the occasional crash on takeoff. Aborted my have been
> a poor choice of words. "Unsuccessful" departures would be more
> appropriate. http://www.palwaukee.org/nav/pil/movement.html

 	I'd hope it's *very* occasional (many years between instances).

> Just north of Hintz Road and slightly east of the 16 centerline is a
> four-story, mid-rise condo building. One morning, an older Greek couple
> found the remains of a Citation II in their kitchen.
>
> For a regional, it has pretty heavy traffic especially since Daley
> bulldozed Meig's Field. When 24 is active, the VFR touch-n-go pattern is
> right over my house. Pretty neat actually; some guy with a Baron just
> loves to bury the throttles. IMO, a beautiful sound.

 	Don't even get me going on the criminal act perpetrated by Daley
in destroying Meigs.  I routinely fly the VFR corridor lakeshore at 2000'
to visit family in Milwaukee.  Eliminating Meigs got rid of most
reasonable options for private aircraft doing business in Chicago.  ...
and they wonder why air traffic congestion is getting even worse!

 	Not quite as sweet a sound as a big radial Pratt & Whitney...

> Getting back on topic...Chef sez: "OTA and Cable Feed DNA just don't mix"

 	Oh yeah... :)

-Cory