[mythtv-users] Thinking of submitting bug report for mythdvd

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:35:38 UTC 2007

On 9/30/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Never submitted a ticket before and I don't want to bug the devs without
> reason.  I'm running a current svn build of .20-fixed on Ubuntu 7.04.
>
> I have three problems with mythdvd:
>
> 1)  On about 1 in 8 chapter transitions the video stutters and goes in
> slow motion a few seconds before and after the chapter change. The audio
> is not affected.  I've notice also that the dvd data can be in cache and
> the affect remain the same.  I've rewound and played thru the trouble
> spot again, the same problem occurs, and I've notice that the dvd has
> spun down.

I'm running head and I think I've seen this. I don't tend to watch
many DVDs (too many recordings to watch! ;-) ) but a couple of weeks
ago I was watching Equilibrium with my girlfriend and we noticed
something like what you describe. I didn't try backing up and seeing
if it happened again. I also didn't notice if it was on chapter
boundaries, but it could make sense. I attributed it to scratches on
the disk, since it came from the library, though it didn't behave
quite like a usual scratch --- and the disk looked clean when I
checked it afterwards.

A few days after that (but still running the same version of head) we
were watching a brand new DVD, Robin Hood the Most Wanted Edition, and
saw the same thing. This time I was pretty sure it wasn't related to
scratches, since we'd just opened the disk five minutes before we
started watching it. Again we didn't notice if the problems occurred
on chapter boundaries, but it's quite possible.

Anyway, long way of saying "I think this still occurs in svn head".

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent