[mythtv-users] Video editor outside of Myth?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:49:04 UTC 2007

> For a lot of reasons, I'm going to be switching Myth boxes. I've decided
> that my recordings really aren't worth the trouble of dragging over (lots
> of Sponge Bob and Simpsons -- brilliant in their way, but not "Citizen
> Kane"). So I plan to just start fresh.
>
> But, there is some stuff (Frontline and "Battlestar Galactica") where I
> might want to cut the commercials and burn CD/DVDs.
>
> So my question is, is there a good video editor for Linux (OSS) outside of
> Myth? Or should I just stick with Myth on another monitor?

I use projectX to do all my commercial cutting. Most of the time I use
the myth interface to do set the cutpoints and I use a shell script to
fire off projectx to do the cutting. On top of that there were
occasions in which I have used the gui from projectx for that as well.
For the command line stuff I have a script (pxcut.sh)  that gets the
cut points out of myth and calls projectx. You can find the latest
here:

http://www.nabble.com/Alternative-Commercial-Cut-Mechanism-t4786315s15552.html
John