[mythtv-users] OT: Strange problems with an nvidia fx 5200

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:11:58 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 6:49 AM, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:

> I am trying to get the s-video out to work on an nvidia GeForce FX 5200
> video card.  For some reason, everything appears black-and-white on
> my TV, no color at all.  This happens no matter what operating system
> I've tried, so I have a feeling it may be a problem with the card itself,
> but other than this I have had no problems with the card at all.  I've
> tried four different s-video cables, so that can't be the problem.  I'm
> just wondering if maybe someone else has had a similar problem
> and solved it.

Have you specified a TVStandard option?  From your email address, I'm
guessing you're in the US, so the option should look like this:

    Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"

This would go in the "Device" section of your xorg.conf.  FWIW, I see this
behavior with my FX5200, too, until the X server starts.

Carl Fongheiser