[mythtv-users] Mythtv is recording shows that have already been recorded?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Nov 30 01:32:35 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 07:03:38 pm Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/29/2007 01:31 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Daniel Arfsten wrote:
> >> I have a problem with Mythtv recording an episode of Scrubs which has
> >> already been recorded in the past, watched, and deleted. Is it
> >> because after I delete it it's not there, so it thinks that it never
> >> recorded that episode? that would really stink if that's the case.
> >> Mythweb states for Scrubs to "Find and record one showing of this
> >> title each day." and these other settings are also checked:
> >> Check for duplicates in: All recordings
> >>
> >> Duplicate Check method: Subtitle and Description
> >> Also, there's a checkmark that I have tried that states, "Record new
> >> and expire old".
> >>
> >> It's also happening with other shows like Family Guy which has a
> >> recording setting of: "Record at any time on channel WCGV."
> >>
> >> So can anyone explain how Mythtv works for recordings that have
> >> already been recorded, watched, and deleted? Why is it recording it
> >> again or this normal? Much appreciated.
> >
> > Because the Subtitle and Description for the show do not exactly match
> > the one that was already recorded so it's not seen as a duplicate
> > recording or because the program has generic program information and
> > therefore MythTV has no way to know if it's been recorded or not, so
> > it records it just in case.
>
> Actually, for a US user of (and I'm assuming here that you are using)
> Schedules Direct, the programid is the important part for duplicate
> matching (subtitle and description are ignored if programid exists for
> the recorded show and the upcoming show).

As far as my issue with "Scrubs" is concerned, I do use SchedulesDirect and do
have the same seriesid and corresponding programid in recorded programs and
programs to be recorded, but i still get tons of dupes--again, only with this
show.  would deleting and recreating the recording rule make a difference?

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E