[mythtv-users] empty zero byte asx files from mythweb

Patrick Kirchner patrickkirchner at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 03:11:51 UTC 2007

desidude2000 wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have mythweb configured and running. There is an
>icon to stream recording via an asx file. For some
>snip
I've contacted him as well, and he said that he hasn't
>found a resolution and simply resorted to using the
>flash playback for his purposes.
>snip
>2. it is so trivial people don't think it's even good
>enough of a question to respond to.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.

I've had the same problem for quite a while.  The last
time I was able to stream using ASX was when one could
adjust the codec and VBR before streaming from MythWeb
but that was months ago if I remember correctly.

Streaming with the flash player works well but
sometimes I'd prefer to watch a higher quality ASX
stream.

I'm also not finding any hints as to why the ASX file
is empty.  I don't see anything in any log files.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks.