[mythtv-users] help wanted about "upgrade database"

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:58:57 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 8:56 AM, Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:

> I installed mythtv firstly with the instruction from www.wilsonet.com, and
> Mythtv worked properlly and well.
>  and then I try to compile it from SVN, but got the problem: "Warning:
> MythTV wants to upgrade your database, from 1160 to 1201." when I type:
> mythfrontend on terminal.
>  In fact, I tried compiling before, but never got this problem.
>  I searched from this forum, but found the solution is very complex and
> messed up to me...
>  How to solve this problem? thanks a lot!
>
>  Thanks advances!

It's not a problem, it's just a warning that if you continue, it won't
necessarily be easy (or safe) to roll back to the release version
because the database schema isn't going to match.  All the usual
disclaimers about making a database back up apply here, then move
bravely forward!  You shouldn't have to "do" anything, other than
making sure the backend and the frontend match in version.

Ryan