[mythtv-users] Pre/Post record padding

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 27 00:11:27 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> As Aussie FreeTV drifts wildly I've setup the General global settings
> for automatic recording padding to 5min/15min and that works fine for
> single recordings on separate channels.
>
> However if I have overlapping recordings on the same channel the post
> for the first program and the pre for the second program will be
> ignored
> even though I have multiple tuners spare. I realise this is desirable
> when we have no spare tuners but its a nuisance when there's no need
> for
> it. Can this behaviour be turned off?

There is a setting to avoid back-to-back recordings on the same
channel if possible. I don't remember when it was added, but I believe
it was in the last release.
Utilities/Setup>Setup>TV Settings>Recording Priorities>Set Recording
Priorities
When enabled, this will use a different tuner if possible to maintain
the soft pre/post roll options.

People are also working on a multi-record branch which should allow
the pre/post roll to be maintained in each file of a back-to-back
recording on the same DVB device in which case you would want to keep
this setting off, but it's still in the implementation/testing stages.