[mythtv-users] Recording/Live Tv Question

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 26 23:24:06 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> That is the current expected behavior. You're basically changing from
>> Watching LiveTV to watching a recording when you hit record.
>>

> I wondered that - not the way we watch TV though - if we record
> something its going to be watched later and we'll switch to watching
> something else in the current timeslot.

Unfortunately, if you want it to act differently you'll have to either
write code to change it yourself or wait until someone else wants it
to work the same way as you and changes the code accordingly. Changes
to LiveTV are very low priority for the developers since I don't think
any of them actually use it.

Do you have a LiveTV jump-point mapped to your remote control? If so,
you can try hitting Record while watching something and then hit the
LiveTV button on your remote and that should save you the trouble of
exiting and re-entering LiveTV. I haven't tried this, but I don't see
why it wouldn't work.

-Brad