[mythtv-users] Issues with shared NFS media store

Steve Rencontre q.mythtv at rsn-tech.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 20:30:54 UTC 2007

I have a setup with a master and slave backend which both store
recordings on the master. On the slave, I use NFS to access the disk on
the master, so I have something like:

Master:
    mount /dev/sdb1 /AVStore

Slave:
    mount master:/AVstore /AVStore

This works fine, except for the fact that Myth doesn't seem to have any
awareness that these two locations are actually the same, which gives
rise to a couple of problems.

The first, very minor, one is that 'System Status' thinks I have twice
the capacity that I actually have.

The other is that if, on the master, I try to access a recording made by
the slave, then even though the master has the file locally, it still
goes off to the slave to retrieve it. Worse, if I want to burn a DVD,
I'm told that I can't because the MythArchive plugin only supports local
files.

Have I missed something? Is there any way of telling Myth that the
slave's storage directory is not a local disk?

TIA.

Steve Rencontre