[mythtv-users] Can whatever myth does when selecting Video Manager be automated?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Sun Nov 25 20:19:42 UTC 2007

imdb-bulk-update.pl will update the database AND fetch info from imdb in
relation to the whole or parts of your database.

If you don't want the imdb bits, there may be a command line switch so
that it JUST updates the database, or you can read the script and come up
with your own solution (if you can read/write perl!)

Basically a script needs to look through everything in your videos
director(y|ies), isolate the files that are movies (as opposed to
pictures, text files etc), look up the videometadata table to see if the
file is already in the database, and if it isn't use SQL to insert a row
in the videometadata table.

On Mon, November 26, 2007 8:36 am, nospam312 wrote:
> I have done a search and there are several solutions one using wget
> and mythweb (but I can't find in mythweb where the page is that
> updates the video manager data) and a script which goes to a page not
> found error.
>
> Switching on browse is not enough as all this does is browse the files
> they are not actually added to the mythtv database as the Video
> Manager command does.
>
> Does anyone know a solution?
>
> TIA

Nick Rout