[mythtv-users] Compiling latest SVN

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:02:30 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 9:40 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> If I enter "mythbackend --version", I get that "/usr/bin/mythbackend: no
> such file or directory".

Same if you run /usr/local/bin/mythbackend --version?

> Entering "service mythbackend start" still
> gives me "unrecognized service".  Is there a log in the compilation
> directories that I can look at?

Do you still have a /etc/init.d/mythbackend file?  Is it trying to run
/usr/bin/mythbackend.  You might have to add a full path to your
executables there.  The ATRPMS package was running
/usr/bin/mythbackend so you'll need to change that.  But, you still
should be able to run from the command line.