[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome Wakeup Periods - do they need to be in order?

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:10:15 UTC 2007

At the beginning of the month I set up my mythtv box to shutdown/wakeup
automatically using ACPI, mythshutdown and mythwelcome. Prior to that it was
running 24/7.

I have a cron job which does a db backup, optimize, xfs defrag etc - which
is set to run daily at 3am. In order to allow for this I've set one of the
wake-up periods to 2:45 - 3:45. I've also put a "mythshutdown --lock" at the
top of my script and a "mythshutdown --unlock" at the bottom.

I use the other wake-up period to have the box awake during my main viewing
period - 19:00 - 23:59 (the box is both BE and FE).

So far so good. I set it up following the wiki with very little trouble and
it's been working perfectly. Or so I thought. It always wakes up for
recordings, it always wakes up for 19:00 but it hasn't been waking up for
2:45. I hadn't realised this until last night because often it had been
still awake running a job after a recording, so the backups were getting
done (mostly).

Anyway I've been looking into this, searching the archives of this list, the
wiki and elsewhere and I can't find any report of a similar problem, or any
note of why one of the wakeup periods would work but not the other. The
script I use to set the wakeup time in the BIOS writes to a log, so I can
see that it never gets called for the 2:45 wakeup.

The only thought I had was whether the wakeup periods need to be in order
i.e. at the moment period1 is 19:00 - 23:59 and period2 is 02:45 - 03:45 -
perhaps I need to switch them? I'll try that tonight in any case.

I'm running SVN trunk from about a couple months ago. (I also searched Trac
but didn't find anything on this)

--
Paul Mason