[mythtv-users] Avermedia A180 misdetected as "Air2PC v2" in recent Subversion build...tuner doesn't work now

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 22 05:37:29 UTC 2007

I had been running various 0.20.2 ebuilds until this evening, when I decided to
give the bleeding edge a shot while swapping out backend hardware.  My A180 had
been working like a champ, but now it doesn't pick up any channels (it's hooked
up to cable to receive local HD).  Scanning for new channels picks up nothing.

One thing I noticed was that in mythtv-setup, it's detected as something it
isn't: an Air2PC v2.  If I had to guess, these cards have different tuner
hardware; if MythTV is sending it codes for the wrong type of tuner, I'd expect
that wouldn't work.

The kernel version is unchanged (2.6.22-gentoo-r9) between machines; I just
moved the board from a dual Athlon MP to an Athlon 64.  Previously, I've used
this card with another Athlon 64 and a Core 2 Duo.

(I figured I'd give the bleeding edge a try because I had recently submitted a
patch for sa3250ch that added support for my cable box (different ID than the
others).  The patch has been applied to both trunk and 0.20.2-fixes; maybe I
should've stuck with the latter, as it's what the stable Gentoo ebuilds have
been using lately.)

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter