[mythtv-users] Upgrading question

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 02:09:08 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:
>> I was thinking about upgrading my Myth box to the latest version,
>> mainly because I'd like to get the updated Mythweather.  I was
>> looking around on Axel's atrpms.net site and saw that the latest
>> packages available for FC6 are 0.20.2-168.fc6.  So, I checked my
>> versions and found the following:
>>     mythfrontend -> 0.20.2-163.fc6
>>     mythbackend -> 02.20.2-163.fc6
>>
>> With this, I have 2 questions:  1)  Whats the proper way to upgrade
>> my system?  Will 'yum update mythtv' work?  2)  How can I determine
>> the plugins versions?  Will updating via yum also update the plugins?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry
>>

> FC6 is end-of-life and no longer updated. I had no serious problems
> switching to F8 although the switch did redo where the various drives
> mapped. Not a big deal but you should be aware of it.

I installed my box with Mythdora, so I'll have to check if they have any
updates for F8.  If not, how did you upgrade?  Did you upgrade to a
stock F8 installation, then add Myth afterwards?  Did you pull in the
latest packages from atrpms?  I assume that I'd have to tuck my database
away somewhere if I went this route, correct?

Thanks,
Harry