[mythtv-users] Where is the mythfrontend configuration file...esp closed caption font definition

David Pat Shui Fong vkelim at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 22 00:50:39 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Where can I find the configuration file of the mythtvfrontend?

Using the mythfrontend GUI I can change the closed caption font, but
choosing 'default', 'small' or 'big' makes no difference. Unfortunately, the
chosen font size is too big for my TV, a 42" plasma. In fact, the MonoSans
font is also too big for the 'black background' which is generated for closed
captions.

Some of the osd.xml definition files contain definitions for the subtitlefont,
but changing the size of the subtitlefont makes no difference to the closed
caption font size.

So my questions are....

1. Can I change the closed caption font size directly in the mythtvfrontend
configuration file?
2. Can I create a definition for the closed caption font in the osd.xml files?
3. As a last resort, can I change the font used for closed captions in such a
way that it creates a font which is smaller than what is actually requested
by the mythtvfrontend?

Cheerio, David