[mythtv-users] questions on using Mac Mini as remote frontend...

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Nov 21 18:04:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 12:45:42PM -0500, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> BTW, I looked at using the IR receiver in my HDHomeRun.  It is
> compatible with LIRC and there is a version of LIRC for the Mac that
> can receive signals from the HDHomeRun via the irw utility.  I need
> to recompile Myth to include LIRC support, however, to test how they
> might work together.  Real life has intruded and I won't get to that
> for a while...

I do that (not on a Mac). The UDP driver for LIRC shouldn't
require any conversion at all; it's all network stuff.

It works very well.

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.