[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problem (accented characters)

Wed Nov 21 15:25:02 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury a écrit :

> Interesting that you have a problem very like the one I recently had.
> You might try doing 'chmod -R 777 /tmp/*' to see if it will accept the
> file. The 'Unable to open' message is odd. I got a 'Permission denied'
> error but the effect was the same.
>
> You might also try running mythfilldatabase directly from the command
> line and see if the error messages are different/more enlightening.

My case was slightly different. The problem was related to the way the
short date is displayed in French. Three of the 12 months of the year
use accented characters (February -> fév; August -> aoû; December ->
déc). My system and mythfilldatabase disagreed on how to format the
filename (UTF-8 vs latin1).

It took Danielk (thank you again) less than an hour to fix it:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14917 (trunk)
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14918 (mythtv-0.20-fixes)

As for inserting the listings manually, it works too with the following
command. In my case, I had to do the following:

[root at zeus ~]# mythfilldatabase --dd-list 1 -1 0004304:-
/tmp/mythtv_ddp_ZtM5CN//mythtv_dd_cache_1_claude at boucher-frappier.net_ven
nov\ 30\ 05\:00\:00\ 2007_sam\ déc\ 1\ 05\:00\:00\ 2007
[...]

It works fine if you have to do it once or twice, but it's certainly not
a long term solution.

Anyway, I've installed Axel's newest rpms for Fedora and I'm happy as a
clam :) I certainly hope other distros will follow his lead and update
their package.

Claude