[mythtv-users] On nVidia 6200 can run SVIDEO TVOutFormat, can't run COMPONENT

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 01:30:39 UTC 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 8:10 PM, Levander <levander at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Mitch Gore wrote:
> > the cable is the same thing.  I would either take the card back or
> > head over to the nvidia linux forums.  they have staff they may be
> > able to help you out.  Or maybe you can open a ticket with nvidia.
> >
> > Sorry i cant be of more help.
> >
> > Mitchell
> No, I appreciate you looking at it.
>
> I've definitely been in the nvnews.net forums, and have been completely
> ignored by staff.  Here are the latest threads I've got over there:
>
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1454801#post1454801
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1455991#post1455991
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102725
>
> I've been really disappointed by nVidia there.  Next time I buy a box,
> I'm looking into Intel graphics cards (which would be an entirely
> different thread).
>
> I'd have already returned the card if that were possible...
>
> Worst case scenario here, I have to fall back to S-Video.
>
> Cal posted an xorg.conf for an Asus 6200 I'm going to try when I get a
> chance.
>
> Thanks again,
> -Levander

Levander,
     As far as I can tell, none of the xorg.conf files you have posted have
had a display subsection in the screen section.

You will need something along the lines of:

   SubSection "Display"
       Depth 24
       Virtual  720 480
       Modes "720x480"
   EndSubSection

You haven't mentioned anywhere what kind of display you are using, but
presumably it is a NTSC television.  The component output, unlike the
S-video and Composite outputs, supports multiple resolutions, and it will
need to be explicitly configured to output a 480 line resolution.

Odds are that you have it outputting at a resolution that your TV doesn't
support.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer