[mythtv-users] uPNP

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 11:38:43 UTC 2007

I just wondered if anyone can help shed some light on some weirdness I'm
seeing with uPNP.

I've got my mythbox (fe/be combined) running 0.20. I've also got a PS3 and a
PC with Vista Ultimate on it. Vista can see the Myth box as a media server,
but can't find any media on it. The PS3 (running v2.0 firmware) can see the
Vista box and browse it's media, but it can't see my Myth box at all. So
basically, I'm unable to get anything from my Myth box from either of the
other machines, and only one of those other machines can even see the Myth
box. All are on one small private wired network btw.

So does anyone have any info which may help? Should I be running 0.20.2 for
better uPNP support? Do I need to configure anything
especially for this? I'd assume something is configured right if Vista can
see Myth as a media server.

Anyway, any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew