[mythtv-users] LiveTV capturing speed is too fast

Jason Barnett jbarnett74 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:48:30 UTC 2007

I'm running MythTV v0.20.2 on Fedora 7 (64-bit), with a Kworld analog capture card (uses the saa7134 chipset).  I've gotten the audio and video to work, with my mixer settings adjusted in one of two ways.  The first configuration provided real-time audio with the delayed video, which caused one to be out of sync with the other.  The second configuration caused the video and audio to play in sync, but at a fast rate; as though I'm watching and listening while it's fast-forward.

I read an article (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_Global_TV_Terminator#Problems) that suggested if the audio and video work fine in mplayer, then mythtv is not configured correctly.  Mplayer does in fact play the audio and video correctly, but I cannot figure out how to configure mythtv differently (in a way that works).

Does this make sense?  If so, how can I get LiveTV to play at a normal rate with the audio in sync?