[mythtv-users] Program Guide architecture

David Shay david at shay.net
Mon Nov 19 18:59:13 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 3:26 AM, Neil Dunbar <neil.dunbar at pobox.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> This is probably better in mythtv-dev, but I'll try this list first before
> ask there.
>
> Is the "row-based" program guide a fundamental construction of MythTV?
> Could a
> theme writer design a sort of column based version, a la TiVo Series 1,
> where
> we have the channel list in a left hand column, and the program guide for
> the
> selected channel only displayed in the right hand column?

Had to laugh here.  I've been using MythTV for about 4+ years now,  and I
just ordered two Tivo's to hook up for my Mom.  I previously owned a Tivo 4+
years ago and thought I remembered how they worked. I went to schedule a
program and kept wondering "Where's the row/column based EPG?".  Kept
searching through the menus but it's not there... I could have *sworn* Tivo
had that...  Frankly, I think it's MUCH easier to figure out what's going on
and via the Myth EPG, but I guess that's personal preference.