[mythtv-users] Watch TV default tuner?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 18 20:00:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 11/18/2007 02:11 PM, Rich West wrote:
>> We usually never watch Live TV, but we have some house guests that
>> are
>> news junkies.  Obviously, recording news is kind of silly,
>
> I just don't get this belief.  My parents think the same.  They refuse
> to record the news on their (non-Myth) PVR because "it's not like it's
> worth watching tomorrow"...  But, if one were to record the news, he
> can
> a) start watching whenever he wants, b) skip boring/stupid parts
> (true,
> there would be nothing left), c) skip commercials, and d) spend all
> the
> time he saves doing other things.  After all, if you start watching
> the
> 6:00 news at 6:20, is it really that stale?  Is it really a big deal
> if
> it gets recorded and you don't watch it and it's deleted tomorrow?

That's what I do. I have news from ABC, NBC and CBS set to record and
only keep 1 recording which will expire when I go to record the next
one. That way if I have the time, I can get through 3 points of view
on the news in about the same amount of time as 1 regular broadcast (I
skip commercials and sports and only watch one weather report). If I
don't have the time that night, I just don't watch it and the program
is expired the next night.