[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode help

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:47:45 UTC 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 7:06 PM, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:
> Per the list, I have been trying to use 'mythtranscode --buildindex' rather
> than 'mythcommflag --rebuild' but am having some trouble.
>
> I believe --buildindex should be passed during the transcode line, so here's
> what I have in the script (slightly modified from the version found in the
> wiki)
>
> mythtranscode -c $CHANID -s $STARTTIME --honorcutlist --showprogress --mpeg2
> --buildindex -o $VIDEODIR/$FILENAME.tmp
>
> What's wrong with the above command?  All the variables are correct and
> correct syntax.  The line works as expected if the '--buildindex' tag is
> removed.  What am I doing incorrectly?

Add an line with echo at the front to see that all the shell variables
are set correctly:
echo mythtranscode -c $CHANID -s $STARTTIME --honorcutlist
--showprogress --mpeg2 --buildindex -o $VIDEODIR/$FILENAME.tmp

Then you can be sure VIDEODIR, FILENAME, CHANID and STARTTIME are
being passed in correctly.

You might try running the --mpeg2 --honorcutlist separately then do
another for --buildindex.