[mythtv-users] Recording rescheduled, code "L"

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:39:45 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 6:21 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2007, at 1:14 AM, Jon wrote:
>
>> On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:24 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>>
>>> Turn off the option for rescheduling higher priority recordings and
>>> bump their priority up.
>>>

>> It's interesting, this little setting seems to catch a lot of
>> people... it pissed me off when I had to wait for the second episode
>> of heroes season2 to record on scifi channel on friday. I couldn't
>> for the life of me find the problem, heroes having a priority of 25
>> and whatever it recorded instead had a priority of -5. But yea, that
>> reshedule higher priority recordings setting will fix it...
>
> I think I remember explicitly turning this feature on. It is off by
> default as to not piss off people.

Yea, I think I turned it on, not quite understanding what it did...
now that I know what it is, I won't have that problem... but it would
be handy if there was some setting in the recording schedule itself
that says 'don't reschedule this showing' that way you can have
higher priorities rescheduled while still recording specific shows on
their original air date. EG, I don't care if I get daily show at 8:30
or at 11:30, but I do care if I get heroes on monday or the following
saturday, so rescheduling the daily show (which is still a very high
priority on my schedules) would be okay, while rescheduling heroes
(highest priority right now) wouldn't.