[mythtv-users] How to record from a specific source ?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sat Nov 17 13:00:56 UTC 2007

On Friday, 16 Nov 2007 18:35:44 -0500,
lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote :

>   I have two inputs on the PVR500.  One from digital cable (i.e.
> channel 3, composite input), the other from straight cable.  I want to
> manually set a recording time for the composite input. but there seems
> to be no such option but a choice of channels.  Is it possible at
> all ?

What I did in the end was to remove a connection from MythTV setup so
that only the compositie (i.e. digital cable box) remains.  This assured
that the channel 3 specified in manual recording was indeed the channel
3 from that specific input.

But that's awkward.  Shutting down the frontend and backend to run
mythtvsetup, etc...  And afterwards adding back tuner 1.

I'm quite surprised that a choice of inputs is not offered when
scheduling a recording.  It assumes that all inputs are from the same
source and that's a bit surprising in the Linux world where modularity
is a strong aspect.

Or perhaps I'm missing something completly.  It surely does not seem
obvious from the user menus.  How would you schedule a recording from a
specific input of a multi-input TV card ?

Cheers,

Al