[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:17:37 UTC 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 6:05 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> > I just got myth_archive_job.pl working this week.  I had a spare 70GB
> > partition sat doing nothing and my main myth one is full.
>
> Where is that thing documented, anyway? I've looked at the code and the
> wiki, but nothing.

It isn't very well documented.  I have a user job that runs after
every recording (required a SQL query to update all my previous
schedules) which looks like 'myth_archive_job.pl --directory %DIR%
--file %FILE%'

For me, I grabbed the script from the contrib directory, configured
the ArchiveDirEntries with the location to 'archive' to and told it to
leave about 10GB of space in that drive.  My config looked like the
following:

my( @ArchiveDirEntries ) = (
	"/myth/recordings2/:10072"
);

If you have more than one 'archive' directory, add them in a comma
separated fashion and the script will work through each starting at
the top and 'archive' the file to the first directory that has enough
free space.

HTH's
Whytey