[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Nov 16 21:50:05 UTC 2007

On 11/17/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/2007 08:02 AM, David Watkins wrote:
> > You could of course replace your recordings with symbolic
> > links to files stored elsewhere, and I think there are scripts around
> > that will let you do that.
>
> myth_archive_job.pl in contrib, which can even be run as a user job so
> it's completely automatic.

This is my suggestion as well.

Stay away from LVM, as there is no real benefit to using it, and
plenty of drawbacks.  Instead I would:

-Install new drive (properly on /srv/mythtv/recordings2... /var/lib is
not the correct place for it if you read LFHS)
-use myth_archive_job.pl periodically
-EVENTUALLY install 0.21 (once it's released) and get recording
groups, which is what you were somewhat simulating with
myth_archive_job