[mythtv-users] Starting on a channel that's turned off for the day.

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 23:16:04 UTC 2007

I record episodes of children's programs on a channel that is only
active between certain hours of the day. If I open up mythfrontend and
go to watch live TV some time after the channel has closed down for the
day, myth tries to access that channel (presumably because it was the
last channel in use) and I get scrambled rubbish on my screen.
Currently, I have to blindly (as that's no visual feedback that anything
is happening) change channel to a number that I know will exist, exit
mythfrontend, then open mythfrontend again and go to live TV. This time
the channel I selected blindly will come up and all is fine.

It's a bit of a faf though. Is there any way around this? Any way to
always start myth on a channel that I know is always active?

Cheers
Damian