[mythtv-users] Can I do this?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Nov 14 10:08:07 UTC 2007

Hi all

I was just wondering if I can do this:

1. Set up a backend to record TV as usual using MythWeb. (No probs)
2. Have a task that monitors the recording directory and automatically
run mythrename to build human visible names for the recordings.
3.  Share that directory with Samba/NFS so things like XMBC can access
the recordings.

I ask as I am getting ready to trial the linux port of XMBC and want to
view the Myth recordings via that, basically as videos.

Any assistance in setting this up (if it is possible) would be *very*
much appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce