[mythtv-users] OT problem with CIFS and Fedora8

kim Gross kgross at jensalt.com
Wed Nov 14 06:51:19 UTC 2007

I just upgraded my back end and one front end to fedora 8.  I thought
everything was working well, until I tried to get to my videos.

I use cifs to mount the storage area on my front end so I can get to the
movies and music.  Well with the upgrade to fedora 8 from fedora 6, I am
now getting  a permission denied error number 13.  On my fedora 6 front
end, the exact same command line works great.

Is anybody else seeing this or have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

[root at main /]# mount -t cifs //192.168.1.12/mythtv  -o username=mythtv
/rstore
Password:
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
[root at main /]#