[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners, but one cable box, how to prioritize recordings

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 13 22:26:10 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> Hello, i have 4 tuners. One is hooked up to a digital cable box. How
> can i specify for certain shows that record, that i want them to
> record on the digital cable box connected tuner, since the quality
> is better?
>
> -Thanks
> -Steve

Oh, I missed the "certain shows" part. I thought you wanted to make
that card higher priority in general.

When you set up your recording rule, you can choose which tuner to
prefer for that particular recording rule. I'm not sure which version
that was introduced, but I've been using it for a while now. It might
be in .20-fixes. Anyway, it won't caue a conflict if that tuner is
otherwise occupied, but it will try to use that one first.

-Brad