[mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface

Jason Marshall marshalj at spots.ab.ca
Tue Nov 13 01:11:31 UTC 2007

John Veness wrote:
> Jason Marshall wrote:
>
>> Failing that, I don't see a setting in my 0.20.2 settings table that is
>> specifically for not displaying the pixmaps from within mythweb.  BUT,
>> maybe you could delete all the *.png files from your recordings
>> directory, and set the GeneratePreviewPixmaps setting to false, like
>> "update settings set data=0 where value="GeneratePreviewPixmaps".  That
>> will turn it off for all hostnames (frontend/backend/whatever).  In
>> theory, once you turn that back on, it will start generating pixmaps
>> again...???
>>
>> Personally I'd just leave it on and use elinks to browse to mythweb...
>>

> Another idea is to use a graphical web browser but turn off images so
> that they don't get downloaded over your thin pipe. I haven't had to do
> that for years, but used to do it all the time back in the day with
> Netscape 0.x.

Wow, I didn't think you could even do that anymore, but sure enough with
my semi-modern Firefox, it still has that feature!  So there you go,
whoever it was, you have lots of options now!

Jason

PS.  Brad, I didn't realize it was mythweb making those png's -- I
haven't tried turning off the GeneratePreviewPixmaps setting to see if
mythweb honours that, though,  have you?  I bet you are right, and I'd
almost consider that a bug...  If it turns out you're right, of course!