[mythtv-users] "Internal" player problems

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Nov 12 23:31:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, November 13, 2007 12:09 pm, John wrote:
> I'd start the frontend and backend from a terminal
> window and once you load the DVD do an alt-tab and
> look at what the window says as it's usually pretty
> good at telling you what's going on. Also, Gnome and
> KDE could be trying to mount the DVD while it's trying
> to play which will give you dvd busy errors. You may
> want to install fluxbox and try it from there.

starting it over ssh is good too, sit in front with your laptop, ssh in as
the mythtv user, set DISPLAY=:0 and start mythfrontend. Then you can watch
the stdout on the laptop and the screen on the main box. No need for a
keyboard on the myth box.

also on topic with this thread you can set up different media players per
file (in video manager) and per file type (in video setup).

--
Nick Rout