[mythtv-users] external channel change script messed up othertuners, and other issues

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Nov 12 21:02:50 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nick Morrott
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:32 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] external channel change script messed up
othertuners, and other issues

On 12/11/2007, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> Hello, i have a two pvr-500's, giving me 4 tv tuners. This weekend i
> took my cable box and hooked it up to the back of one of the tuners. I
> then setup the channel change script that i found on ubuntu's site.
> Life was good.
>
> I turned on some tv and it worked great. But, later on, i was back on
> one of the analog tuners and when i hit channel up or down, i get a
> video can't be displayed error that kicks me back to the main menu. So
> i went back into live tv and tried again. Same result. So this time i
> tried to go back in an manually enter in a channel, that worked fine.
> I was able to repeat this process many times. Only when i hit channel
> up or down do i get this error, and only on the analog tuners. When
> i'm viewing the cable box connected tuner, it works great.
>
> Any ideas?

Did you create a new video source for the cable box channels? Is it attached
to the correct input/card?

Did you make sure that all channels on the cable box's source have got the
correct 'frequencies' for the channel chager script to use?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
Franklin _______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Yes, I made a new video source and a new lineup on schedulesdirect.org too.
Took a few mythfilldatabase runs to get the guide data in. Also, Since the
cable box uses the rca input (composite connection), how would I know what
frequencies to put in? The channel changer script works great when I'm
viewing the cable box input (input 1).

In the area in mythtv-setup, you can put in an external changer command...i
did this, but only for the video input that the cable box is connected to
(input 1). I thought that when watching the other video sources (inputs
2-4), they would not run that command since it was only filled in for that
other video source. That is the part that is confusing me. How did the other
inputs 2-4 get mocked up when I put a changer script only for input 1.

Any ideas?
-Thanks
Steve