[mythtv-users] Question about NAS's

migmog migmog at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:48:45 UTC 2007

> The problem is not the CPU  but the speed of the USB subsystem, as well
> as the limited and extremely hard to upgrade RAM.

Instead of a NSLU2, get a NAS with an IDE disk instead of a USB. I
have a Maxtor Shared Storage, and it has no trouble hosting nfstroot
partitions for both my backend and frontend, and recording two
channels and playing back a third, though this is SD only.

I have a one disk network :-)  Of course, I do backups.....

Originally I thought it would possible to run mysql and a no-tuner
backend on it as well, but that's pushing the CPU and RAM too hard,
and it would be swapping like mad, so it's a no-go unfortunately.

Andrew