[mythtv-users] gutsy install GANT no text in menues

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Nov 12 14:47:49 UTC 2007

On 11/12/2007 06:53 AM, John Brown wrote:
> I have just done a fresh install of ubuntu gutsy on an AMD64 and
> installed mythtv frontend and backend
>
> With GANT selected I get the icons but no text in the menus. Any odea
> why? I have tried reinstalling, to no avail.
>
> If I switch to "Blue" everything works OK, but I don't really like that
> theme.

I don't know if it is the same issue in gutsy, but the archives have a
lot of messages on missing text in gant.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=gant+no+text&search_type=AND

Basically the MS core fonts may not be installed.  IIRC, G.A.N.T. uses
the Arial font.

--
David