[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase scheduling

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Nov 8 20:50:42 UTC 2007

So this week we found out that mythfilldatabase will run during prime
time.  On an AMD 1900 with 3 tuners, even in SD, that's pretty
exciting.

The setup asks which hours should be permissible for mfdb to run, but
apparently the "Allow provider to suggest" checkbox overrides that.

I'm not sure whether to

1) file a ticket on myth requesting that suggestions outside a set allow
period be skewed into it, or

2) file a ticket with SD requesting that they not "suggest" fill times
in local primetime.

Or of course,

3) Get a faster friggin processor.  :-)

In any event, take note that "suggest" overrides "allow hours", and
I'll update the wiki to match.

Cheers,
-- jra