[mythtv-users] missplaced error message?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:23:29 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 9:01 AM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  I haven't set anything external to run
> mythfilldatabase, it only runs when the server runs it (I set the setting in
> mythsetup (or whatever it's called) to "run mythfilldatabase when
> recommended" or something to that effect).

I get there a different way, extracting the "Next Recommended Update
Time", or whatever it is called from the mythfilldatabase.log and
scheduling a job, but I *have* noticed that they are generally < 24 hours
apart, and often *much* less.

Perhaps SchedulesDirect code needs to be "relaxed" as far as the
frequency of update recommendations.  OTOH, we could "relax" in
the knowledge that we're up-to-date and not sweat it.

Craig.