[mythtv-users] Sharing Console Display Over VNC

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu Nov 8 14:57:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Mache Creeger wrote:

> I want to setup VNC so that I can log into the machine and control
> the console that is running the myth frontend through a window on a
> remote machine running a VNC client.

If you have the Gnome desktop installed, from the main menu - System ->
Preferences -> Internet & Network -> Remote Desktop.  This enables vino for
shareing an already logged in console desktop  .

This is what I've used, and it can be accessed with a vnc client. I'm not
familiar with x11vnc people have mentioned or how it differs.