[mythtv-users] Mythtv on FC6 -> Fedora7 Upgrade

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:34:09 UTC 2007

As FC6 is due to have its support ended soon, I'm trying to upgrade my
mythtv FC6 machine to Fedora7. I recently upgraded from FC5->FC6 (a
few weeks back) via yum, which was a tad on the painful side, but
after bashing some dependancies around, and removing a bunch of
packages, I got it working.

But my yum upgrade seems a little more problematic this time. I am
getting the following dependency issues (this is after resolving about
2/3 of them):

Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package cups
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.2 is needed by package kdebase
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package libxml2-python
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.2 is needed by package libgnomecups
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12(GNUTLS_1_2) is needed by package cups
Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/lib/python2.4 is needed by package
libxml2-python
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12(GNUTLS_1_2) is needed by
package cups-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package cups-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package rpm-python
Error: authconfig conflicts with nss_ldap < 254
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.2 is needed by package cups
Error: Missing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.23.1-21.fc7 is needed by
package alsa-kmdl-2.6.23.1-21.fc7
Error: Missing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22.9-91.fc7 is needed by
package nvidia-graphics100.14.09-kmdl-2.6.22.9-91.fc7
Error: Missing Dependency: httpd = 2.2.4-4 is needed by package httpd-devel

When I start removing these, it brings up all sorts of dependency
issues (stuff that might be important). The most worrying one is
rpm-python - removing this will remove yum - then I dont know how I'll
be able to upgrade!

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get around this?

I have read that it might be better just to re-install, but installing
mythtv was a world of pain - I dont want to do that again.

Thanks.

Shanon.