[mythtv-users] Can one PC serve two frontend users independently?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Nov 7 17:59:20 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
>I have a PC working as a frontend and backend.  Is it possible for this one
PC to have the >backend and two frontends or does each frontend need to be
on seperate PC's.

>I have a NVIDIA 5200 gfx card which has a VGA and SVIDEO output so if
Linux/MythTV supported >it I guess it could be possible for one user to see
their frontend on VGA and another user to >see their completely different
frontend on SVIDEO?

_>______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Though extremely difficult, it is possible...i think.....I too had this same
idea, just didn't have the time to do it. You can run the system
multi-headed. Here is some further info..
http://linuxgazette.net/124/smith.html

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0150048402/linux/Multiple_Nvidia_Multiple_Head.html

Keep in mind that you'll have to probably have more than one sound card too,
and somehow, you'll need to figure out how to control which mythfrontend
controls which soundcard, and there'll be some good lirc configuring to do
too. Please let me know if you make any progress on this, would be a very
interesting and fun project.
-Steve