[mythtv-users] Any way to automate handling delayed programs?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:14:12 UTC 2007

2007/11/7, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com>:
> I don't know is this only Europe related ...
>
> Many shows in Europe have ShowView number or VPS (Video Programming
> System) which is more primitive. ShowView is able to handle this.
> ShowView number is being sent with the stream and VCR is recording
> until ShowView number is not available. That would be a great and the
> best way to record too long live games or other shows.
>
> I read that there were some license problems with ShowView of VPS.
> ShowView number can be decoded and it could be possible to make patch:
>
> http://www.zelczak.com/vcrplus.htm

My explaination was almost totally wrong :)). I just read a little bit
about VPS and ShowView ... and VPS/PDC is the solution :).

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Program_System,

but that is only working for or Europe or maybe only
Germany/Austria/Switzerland. and most of the channels do not use it at
all.

Is there some kind of unique information, which is being transfered in
the stream? maybe in DVB?

M.