[mythtv-users] guide data until 2028

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Nov 7 08:32:29 UTC 2007

On 07/11/2007, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> My mythweb backend status page tells me I have guide data until
> sometimes until 2028.
>
> I've checked into the mythconverge database, in the program table, and
> yes, there is one single entry that is later than 2007, and it is for
> something in 2028.

Yes, I've had similar issues in local EIT data, but the date is in
2038. Some channels use a start_time as 0xffffffffff as some dvb boxes
will show a entry with that time if no other entry is available for
the current period. An example of this type would be a "Channel starts
at 6pm" entry.

>      * Is this 2028 entry something normal and used to keep a check of
>        sanity somehow, i.e. I should not bother/mess with it, it's part
>        of the system
>      * It is not normal and I should try to clean it up

Nope, dodgy EIT data. You can clean it up if you want.

>              * can I just delete the table entry and be done with it,
>                or would that break something in the DB?

Removing the record from the program table would sort it, it doesn't
seem to have any odd side affects... well none that i've noticed.

The way I do it is to execute a SQL script every so often:

delete from program where starttime > date_add(curdate(),interval 14 day);

You'll need to adjust it for your XMLTV source, say if you got more
than 14 days of data at a time.

>              * Is there a mythfilldatabase wizardy that would fix it in
>                a cleaner fashion?

I've submitted a ticket about scrubbing invalid EIT data:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4051

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://nikdoof.net